San Mateo, California Commercial Auto Insurance
We have Commercial Auto Insurance available for many types of business. It doesn't matter if you are a wholesaler working on the peninsula with delivery, a retailer working in San Francisco or a tech company with a sales fleet based out of the South Bay or Silicon Valley. We can help them all and many other types of commercial auto exposures.
- Wholesale Food
- Technology Risks
- Accounting Firms
You can have a van or a few box trucks. We have competitive programs available with reputable carriers, over 25 of them that consider commercial auto risk. Commercial Auto Insurance insures your vehicles for physical damage and liability coverages for amounts, situations, and usage not covered by a personal auto policy. This type of business insurance covers a variety of vehicles and is also referred to as commercial car insurance, truck insurance, or fleet insurance. Our agents, at James K. Mason Insurance Services LLC will help you find the best coverage you need for your business.
Why do you need Commercial Auto Insurance?
- In general, if an auto is used in tasks related to the operator's occupation, profession or business, other than commuting, a commercial policy is necessary.
- If you are using your auto to transport goods or people for a fee or if you use your auto to conduct a service, you may need a commercial auto insurance policy.
- A commercial auto policy may be appropriate if you need higher limits of liability because of the nature of your work.
- Hauling a considerable weight in tools or equipment or towing a trailer used to conduct your business may require a commercial auto insurance policy.
- A commercial insurance policy may be needed if employees operate the auto or if ownership is in the name of a corporation or partnership.
What does Commercial Auto Insurance cover?
Commercial auto insurance, like your personal auto policy, provides similar coverages such as liability, collision, comprehensive, medical payments (or personal injury protection) and uninsured motorists coverage.
However, there are also differences between a commercial auto insurance policy and your personal auto policy that may include eligibility, definitions, coverages, exclusions, and limits.
Most Commercial auto policies are "named driver only" policies, meaning only those drivers listed on the policy can operate a covered auto.
What are the coverages?
- Bodily injury liability coverage – pays for bodily injury or death resulting from an accident for which you are at fault and provides you with a legal defense.
- Property damage liability coverage – provides you with protection if your car accidently damages another persons property. It also provides you with a legal defense.
- Combined single limit (CSL) – Liability policies typically offer separate limits that apply to bodily injury claims for property damage. A combined single limits policy has the same dollar amount of coverage per covered occurrence whether bodily injury or property damage, one person or several.
- Medical payments, no-fault or Personal Injury Coverage – usually pays for the medical expenses of the driver and passengers in your car incurred as a result of a covered accident regardless of fault.
- Uninsured motorist coverage – pays for your injuries and, in some circumstances, certain property damage caused by an uninsured or a hit-and-run driver. In some cases, underinsured motorist coverage is also included. This is for cases in which the at-fault driver has insufficient insurance.
- Comprehensive physical damage coverage – pays for damage to or replacement of your car from theft, vandalism, flood, fire, and other covered perils.
- Collision coverage – pays for damage to your car when it hits or is hit by another object.
Give us a call we serve but are not limited to Burlingame, San Bruno, San Carlos, Belmont, South San Francisco, Brisbane, San Francisco, Redwood City, Mountain View , San Bruno, Millbrae, Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Redwood City, , San Jose, Silicon Valley, Woodside, Los Altos, Campbell, Cupertino, Alum Rock, Milpitas, Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Saratoga and other cities all over the Bay Area. Give us a call we will be glad to discuss you business with you personally.